Vision of Rothsay School System
- By working together in an atmosphere of mutual respect we can accomplish our mission and enjoy a quality of life acceptable to all.
Mission of Rothsay School System
- To educate our students to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
The Rothsay School District Goals
- The student’s education will be the primary goal of our education team composed of parents, staff, students, administration, and board members.
- Be financially responsible and accountable to the citizens of Rothsay Public School System.
- Develop Rothsay’s facilities for today and tomorrow.
Reviewed and approved by ISD #850 Board of Education July 17, 2001
What is the Read by Three Initiative?
- MN Statute 120B.12 was approved by the MN Legislature to ensure that each school district in the state has a plan in place to have every child reading at or above grade level no later than at the end of grade 3.
- The school district literacy plan must include a process to:
- Assess students’ level of reading proficiency
- Notify and involve parents
- Intervene with students who are not reading at or above grade level, and
- Identify and meet staff development needs.
- The district must post its literacy plan on the official school district Web site.